Turn Your Dreams Into Reality: Learn Hypnotherapy and NLP
You have the power to start manifesting your dreams today! How do you envision your future? Do you intend to attract the right partner, achieve a great career, ease pain, let go of a habit, overcome a phobia, reach a fitness goal or accomplish better communications in your personal or professional circles? You can begin to achieve any of your dreams by learning some simple hypnosis and neurolinguistic programming (NLP) techniques that will immediately begin to influence your subconscious mind and body. Hypnotherapists, psychologists, nurses, massage practitioners, sports trainers, life coaches and others commonly utilize simple hypnotherapy and NLP techniques to help their clients. You can also do simple exercises yourself to create the life you dream about.
Hypnosis has been associated with the strange and mysterious. Actually, you are in a hypnotic state when you go to sleep or miss a freeway exit because you went into "autopilot." Hypnosis is simply a deeply relaxed state that provides access to your subconscious mind. Even when you are not in a hypnotic state, per se, everything you think about programs your subconscious mind in positive or negative ways. For example, when you say, "I'm so stupid" or "I'll never be able to do this" or "this hurts so much" you are reinforcing negative patterns in your mind and responses in your body. You can positively affect your future by understanding and using this process to create a life that you love. By utilizing some simple relaxation and visualization techniques you can implant new thought patterns into your subconscious mind.
Manifest Positive Change with this 6-Step Exercise:
1. Say to yourself, "I intend to create this goal" rather than "I want this." Mentally, it puts you in the driver's seat.
2. Say what you intend to make happen in a positive way rather than saying what you don't want. The subconscious doesn't understand double negatives. For example, if you say, "I will not eat cookies" your brain imprints "eat cookies."
3. Decide on a specific goal with a completion date. Imagine where, how and who is involved.
4. Ask yourself "what will achieving this goal do for my life?" This allows you to consider the larger intention beyond the goal. Then ask "what does the larger intention give me."
5. Visualize yourself in the future as a "new person" who has achieved the goal. Notice how you move, stand, breath, and interact. Listen to the supportive inner dialogue that the "new you" has. Imagine yourself stepping into that "new you" and becoming that person. Close your eyes, take a deep breath and imagine the "new you" fully enjoying the life they love.
6. Look back at the steps that the "new you" took to create that new life. Acknowledge the steps it takes to accomplish that change. Now come back to the present moment. Decide what your next concrete action will be toward living your new life - and do it with renewed confidence!
Rainya Dann is leading Hypnotherapy and NLP Training & Certification at the Institute for Transpersonal Studies beginning September 22, 2012. She is Director of the Institute, a Certified Clinical Hypnotherapist and NLP Trainer and has been teaching hypnosis for over 30 years. She invites you to learn more about these techniques at her website and at free introductory events at the Institute this month. Call Rainya at 831-425-7837 for more information or a free consultation. www.RainyaDann.com.
This article appears in the September 2012 issue of "The Connection" Magazine.